PROGRESS MINNESOTA. Appreciating the interesting, innovative and sometimes surprising…Progress Minnesota honors the efforts of individuals and organizations working in economic development, technology, entrepreneurship and workforce development. Finance & Commerce hosted their 7th annual event at the Metropolitan in Minneapolis.
Highlights for me included learning about Technovation [MN] which is encouraging middle school and high school to dream, design, code and pitch mobile apps as well as meeting the team from PillsburyUnited Communities. They are providing interconnected programs fostering the resilience and self-sufficiency of individuals, families and community. They do this through their eight social enterprises. North Market, a community hub, wellness center and grocery store, was showcased at the event.
Progress Minnesota 2018 Honorees included:
- Chad Gillard and Zoie Glass from Midwest Pantry
- Lea Hargett from Thor Construction
- Diane Paterson from Twin Cities Metro Small Business Development Center, LegalCORPS
- Chris Webley, New Rules
- Duluth Cargo Connect
- IPS Solar
- McKnight Foundation
- MD Biosciences Inc.
- Osborn 370
- Pillsbury United Communities
- Autonomous Tractor Corp.
- Digi International
- Monaco Air Duluth
- Skywater Tedhnology Foundry Inc.
- Hennepin County
- MN Department of Labor & Industry Apprenticeship Program
- MN Diversified Industries
- Technovation [MN]
- Thor Cos.
- University of Minnesota Northside Job Creation Team
For more photos of the event, see the gallery.