TRAILBLAZERS. Advice from these business savvy entrepreneurs: Be the light, define success on your own terms, and do not let yesterday take too much of today. Good words to live by.
The theme of this year’s Women Business Owners Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony was Lighting the Way. The event “recognizes Minnesota’s most successful female entrepreneurs and their advocates who have made significant and enduring contributions to impact women’s entrepreneurial development.” It is established by the Minnesota Chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) and held at the Golden Valley Country Club on May 1, 2018.
Inductees were selected because they:
- Made enduring contributions to Minnesota’s entrepreneurial community
- Made an impact on women’s entrepreneurial development in Minnesota
- Had a meaningful connection to Minnesota (place of birth, education, and/or business location)
- Demonstrated leadership qualities or a spirit of entrepreneurial innovation that can serve as an inspiration to future generations of Minnesota entrepreneurs
This year’s inductees included:
- Mary Jo Copeland, Sharing & Caring Hands
- Cathy Cruz Gooch, Catalina Mexican Foods
- Valerie Doherty, Doherty Staffing Solutions
- Linda Hartinger-Lee, Anchor Paper
- Beth Kieffer Leonard, Lurie, LLP
- Robin Kocina, Media Relations Agency
- Nancy Libersky, Minnesota District Office of U.S. Small Business Administration
- Kathleen Meyer, Meyer Contracting
- Nelle Palmer, Lowell Inn
They were introduced by other dynamic women including Senator Amy Klobuchar, Lilli Hall and Sonya Roberts.
This evening inspired the attendees to continue to work hard and pursue their dreams.